Welcome to Sutton Cross Surgery
Practice Updates during Covid 19 Pandemic
To ensure your safety we have temporarily restricted access to the surgery.
Our staff are here and working hard on your behalf during this current health crisis. We are open, but ask that you call the surgery for any help and guidance you need. Please DO NOT let any changes in your health go unchecked.
We are providing Telephone consultations to All our patients for General and Covid 19 Health concerns. Telephone Consultation Appointments can be made by phoning the surgery on 01 8326438
It is important that you continue to access medical care during this time. Please do keep your appointments for Vaccinations, Immunisations and Ante Natal care and please phone as normal to organise your regular childhood vaccinations and maternity appointments.
- For Prescriptions please order by phone or by email and we can organise to have your repeat prescriptions sent to your pharmacy.
- Allow 48 hours for prescriptions to be sent to your chosen pharmacy.
Our phone lines may be busy but we are answering calls and returning calls to patients.
- General – non urgent items can also now be emailed to us and we will return calls.
- All matters will be triaged and if you need to be invited in for a consultation we will be mindful of social distancing and queuing space.
- Include your phone numbers in all email correspondence to help us contact you and your date of birth so that we may properly identify your record.
- If your call is urgent or requires same day attention, please DO continue to contact us as you will get through.
We are pleased to be participating in the Covid vaccinations programme. We are starting with patients in the age order as set out by the HSE. Patients in the current age group ( 85+, followed by 80+ ) will receive phone calls to arrange their appointment. Our progress through the age groups will be dependent on the supply allocated to us. Please be patient and you will reach your turn. We will have limited GP services available on the days of vaccine clinics. Routine matters during that period will be dealt with in the days following the clinic.
Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Dr Nicola Gilliland & Dr John Allman. 21/02/2021
For further information on Covid 19 please click link below:
In this time of great uncertainty and with the COVID19 situation evolving continuously we would ask you to read the following:
- If you develop symptoms such as Cough, Shortness of breath or fever please self isolate and contact your GP who will arrange testing for you. There is invaluable information on www.hpsc.ie and also www.hse.ie
- DO NOT CALL 112 or 999 please keep these lines open.
- We are here for ALL our patients so if you are unwell without the above symptoms please call your surgeries as normal and you will be looked after, regular prescriptions will still be issued as needed.
We are here to help ALL our patients, we also understand that you may be worried and frightened, having said all this we would ask people to follow the advice been given on a daily basis from the experts, limit your contact with other people, go to the shops only when needed, look in on your elderly neighbour’s and friends. #staypositive #stayhome #togetherwearestrong #bekind #COVID19
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and well being whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
We are located conveniently in the SuperValu Centre, immediately next door to the back entrance of McCartan's Pharmacy, turning left as you enter the SuperValu car park. Our surgery is located on the first floor. A lift is provided for your convenience.